Today is my last day in Hyderabad, India. And while I am so excited to enter the next stage of my life back in the States, I will certainly miss some things about living here. So I want to take some time right now and remember some of my favorite things (a la The Sound of Music).
- having my own bathroom (even though Ryan tried to poach it near the end)
- bottled water delivered straight to our door for $2/50 liters.
- days at the spa (for cheap!)
- a wide variety of wonderful restaurants (for cheap!)
- living here was something that made me interesting (am I revealing my inner insecurities?)
- furniture made just how you like it (for relatively cheap!)
- meeting people from all over the world
- learning some Hindi (I hope I can continue learning!)
- feeling like a celebrity (being stared at, people wanting my picture)
- our beautiful, beautiful apartment (something I already miss, as we are staying in a hotel now)
- our sweet driver (pic below with Ryan)
Of course, there are things I won't miss. But I prefer to remember the positives (in print, at least!). So goodbye, Hyderabad! It has been an amazing experience living here. I will always hold the city close to my heart.