I thought I'd officially write down my resolutions for the Year, even though most people have already given up on theirs. Not to say that I have been faithful about mine, but I am writing them down in the hopes that I will be more committed. Interestingly, they are completely different than the "Projects" I had set for myself when I first began this blog. Does that mean I have finished my projects and have now set my sights on bigger and greater things? Wouldn't that be something... but alas, no, I didn't accomplish even one of those projects, and while they are still on my horizon as things I'd like to do, they didn't make it into the List. 1. Lose 40 pounds. OK, I know this is totally cliche, but I really want to do this. If you think about it, that's less than a pound a week. How great would that be? Also, for those of you who don't know me, I don't think I look like I need to lose 40 pounds. So please don't think that of me. If you looked at me, you'd probably think I only needed to lose 38 or so.
2. Get up in the morning to have daily devotions. I'd be happy with myself if I was faithful in daily devotions anyway... but adding "get up early" is another whole resolution in itself! But after much thought, the morning really would be the best time for me to do this.
3. Post on this blog every week. This resolution is remarkably similar to "post on Venustas every day" under Projects. And if you've visited Venustas lately (which I'm sure you haven't, because I've had zero hits for a while now), you'd see that I hadn't posted since August 3, 2006! But since I have decided to become more lenient about what I post (ie. it doesn't have to be a novel), I am optimistic about this resolution.
OK, now for a Resolution update!
1. So far I have met my first 2 goals, and missed my 3rd. I'm hopeful for this coming weekend though (my weekly weigh-in is on Saturday morning) that I'll be able to meet my 4th and make up for missing my 3rd.
2. I am really getting there with this one! On Sunday, I decided to actually set my alarm early so I'd be able to get up. On Monday, I actually did wake up, and then fell back to sleep. On Tuesday (today), I woke up, briefly spoke to Ryan, and fell back to sleep. I really think I'm making progress. Tomorrow I'll make myself sit up in bed, even if it means falling to sleep sitting up. At least it's a step in the right direction. OH! I just had a great idea! I have an alarm that will play CDs, and I have the Bible on CD! Maybe I could just WAKE UP to the Bible! I am going to have to give this a try and hope I will absorb it through osmosis.
3. Well, I've posted twice in January. This one will make three. Wait, that's not right, I've posted once. So this resolution isn't going so great.