Yesterday I had an epiphany. I came home from dropping my kids at school and all I wanted to do was sit and read. I talked myself out of it because I just had too much to do around the house and reading is only for extra free time.*
What is this “extra free time”? Does anyone ever have some extra? There’s always more stuff to do! Is it so wrong that I want to make reading a priority during the day? Absolutely not! Maybe other people have already realized that, but it was a rather freeing moment for me.
So I thought I’d post these Book Pile pictures occasionally to see how much the piles change with my new-found reading time.
1. Everything that Rises Mus Converge by Flannery O’Connor
2. Six Ways to Keep the “Little” in Your Girl by Dannah Gresh
3. The Merry Little Christmas Project and Planner by Kaley Ehret
4. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
5. The Gathering Storm by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
Please keep in mind that by listing these here, I am not necessarily recommending them! For my ratings and the occasional review, make sure to follow me on Goodreads.
*By the way, instead of reading, I turned on the TV. You’d think they were equal trade-offs, with TV being the less desireable (intellectual) choice, but any multi-tasker knows TV is better than reading for “getting things done”.